Wednesday, November 17, 2010

No sermon week

For those who prepare sermons every week will identify. I am not preaching a sermon or preparing for any service this Sunday. Now, for those who don't identify, preachers don't just get up on Sunday morning and think up what they are to say before breakfast. It may seem this way (hopefully not) but the preparation for a sermon can take a full day to prepare or a few days depending on how you do it. The best for me is to allow it to brew on Monday or Tuesday and then each day to return with fresh ideas. This is the ideal, it usually gets done on Thursday or Friday. I personally cannot allow a sermon to wait until Saturday or else my nerves give in. Blah, blah, blah what I am really saying is I have time to do other things in the ministry that get sidelined. Roll on week....

No comments: