Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Teaching in pictures

Last week I started my first teaching session at Masibumbane. (Masibubane is a Methodist HIV mission that runs from Mpophomeni)
I am working with a great guy by the name of Duduzi. I am helping him in the spiritual growth & development part of the mission. On Wednesdays I have the privilege of conveying the message of hope to the clients of the mission. I have started by drawing pictures on the blackboard that relate to the scriptures, we then read the relevant scripture and use the pictures to draw the meaning out in ways that are memorable. The critical aspect of this ministry is to help Christian spiritually be a reality and not some disconnected part of their lives. To help them realize that their lives are important and can add value to the relationships around them. If anybody has material that could assist us we would be most appreciative.

2 comments:

Jenny Hillebrand said...

Sounds cool! I'd love to see a photo of one of your pictures . . .

David Barbour said...

:) Chalk scribblings at best